Wednesday 28 January 2015

The genesis of MarBal




Hallos,

Thank you for stopping by 😊☺
MarBal is a dream I have always had. It signifies my determination to create a household name. From the days of secondary education at Federal government college, Odogbolu-when I had an idea of what I wanted to be in life, I birthed the dream. I remember when i had to fill 'slum books' as we were about graduating, I wrote in some that I could, that they should never forget the name MarBal as it wasn't just a nickname but also a brand name.

How did I come about the name MarBal???
Very queasy easy! 'Mar' is from my first name- Mariam while 'Bal' is from my surname - Balogun.
There you have it!
Hi, I'm Mariam Balogun and it's so nice to meet you.



So what is MarBal about?
As the second and last child of my family, I had just my brother to play with at home. It wasn't so much fun for me especially when he was on his computer playing games.

So what did I do?

Nope you guessed wrong, I didn't play with teddies. I simply went into my room, for some days, and rearranged my wardrobe. It wasn't like it was scattered but I enjoyed the art of arranging, folding clothes and remodelling my space. For some other days, I simply took up the job of making-over rooms in the house and decorating them. Fast forward to years later, i had to discover myself to know who I really am and what I love to do. After searching and searching my life as to what I'm talented in,  (as I can't be Tiwa or kaffy - guess you know why)  it dawned on me that the flair in me when I was younger is definitely something to be worked on. I decided to know more about gift wrapping and presentations, and interior design.  To widen my knowledge in the aspect of designs, i took up a certified interior design course. Today, I refer to them as my passion.

 I believe my passion and the career path i chose make up who I am. I always  knew from a much tender age that I wanted to cater for people and have an impact in my own little way. I wanted to help people live better and healthier. I opted for pharmacy. This paid off for me as I enjoy every bit of it now.


In summary, these two sides of me met and gave rise to MarBal - a blend of my passion and profession. I tell myself I can't leave one for the other, I love them equally. MarBal is a dream, it's a goal and it can be achieved.


Join me as I go on this adventure. I am sure it will be challenging but fun. We can do
it - YOU AND I.

P.s I may be an interior designer and a pharmacist, but I lay no claims on being a writer.


Xoxo
MarBal

2 comments:

  1. God bless mariam balogun nd Marbal as a whole naw nd forever.AMEN

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless your work. Can't believe I would get to see you in real life.

    ReplyDelete